Sunday, July 4, 2021

Natural Curl Pattern

 


Lately, I’ve been hair happy. The reason for this is that I am able to continue to cultivate my hair into what I want it. This means pouring a lot a love into these curls, strands, and the process.

This look right here gives me life. I used Tariji P. Henson’s Shampoo and Conditioner and Cantu leave-in conditioner. Products are only a portion of training your hair to curl.

When I was younger, my sister had this book called The Program. It talked about ways to bring out your natural curl pattern. It also discussed black women and men being able to was our hair daily without using shampoo, which has a high PH level. I also read The Knotty Truth by M. Michele George, which gives step-by-step guidance on conditioning our hair before shampooing, sectioning, and detangling it. The Acronym for this strategy is CSDSRCD- This stands for conditioning, sectioning, detangling, shampooing, rinsing, condition, and detangle. This is the hair washing process that the book suggest that natural individuals use for “Happy hair.”

No comments:

Post a Comment