Saturday, January 7, 2017

Naturally Me Re-visited (Protective Style)



Happy new year everyone!

Since September, I have been rocking two different types of protective styles. The first one that I wore in September were box braids. I absolutely loved these braids. It had probably been over 10 years since I wore these type of braids in my hair. This protective style allowed me to sleep a little later, avoid putting unnecessary heat on my head, and add time to my daily schedule. I was truly in love.

This past December, I found a new true love and they were twists. At first, I wasn't sure I was loving the twists. It seemed as though the styles were not adhering to what I wanted them to do. That all changed after a week or two later when I washed my hair. Once I washed my hair and I wore the style a little longer, everything started to get better. I was able to style my hair the way I wanted, the twists laid they way I wanted, and I was happy.

My goals for the future is to limit the amount of heat that I place on my hair and wear more protective styles. These styles will consist of, but now limited to: Braids, twists, wigs, naturally curly hair, and other styles.

Join us in the natural hair movement!
A journey to help increase length, strength, self-esteem, and more.





Loving these twists

WWSD- What Would Santa Do?

Strike a pose

The head shot

The back of the book shot

Oh happy day!

See here...

All smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment