Monday, May 13, 2013

Naturally Me!

Are you a natural girl in an almost natural world? Well, I definitely am. I have been natural for almost four years now. It will be four years this July. My desire to be natural started in my undergraduate work at Otterbein University. I was a little nervous because I did not know what to expect, how I would do my hair, or whether or not I would like it. Needless to say, I went natural for about two months and then reverted back to getting a relaxer. My undergraduate years provided great insight for me to test out whether or not I wanted to be natural.

My journey to be natural started again in 2009. I told myself that I wanted to get to know my hair a little better and try new styles. I knew there was more to my hair than the negative things I had heard about naturally curly and kinky hair. Well, I was right. I found out that my hair has a natural curl pattern that is amplified with certain products and techniques. I identified that straightening my hair or wearing my hair curly requires me to use different techniques and different hair products. I also found out that my hair may be different than other natural hair gurus. The photos above showcase my natural hair techniques used within the last couple of years.    

No comments:

Post a Comment